Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SPREAD: Killing My Muse

SPREAD: Killing My Muse

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting spread, Arwen - and great reading topic! As I mentioned in my e-mail, it hit a chord with me and about halfway through I started identifying some of my own patterns just by watching you relate yours. I hope this helps you - isn't it odd how putting recognizable names (three of Cups, for example) to a trait can help you, later on, look at your behavior and readily identify, then once identified, talk yourself down from it?

Lacey Savage said...

Arwen,

I have to tell you how much I appreciate all your posts -- and your spreads in particular. I'm always looking for new ways to apply the Tarot to my writing and my life, and I come away inspired every time I read your blog.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these thoughtful, informative, useful posts. :-)

Lacey

Joan Reeves said...

Hello, tarotbyarwen. I followed your trail when you commented on my Sling Words blog. Congratulations on your first published book. I'm bookmarking your blog. Tarot is fascinating subject. I'd toyed with a rom suspense with a tarot reader several years ago but did nothing about it. *g*

Thanks for visiting Sling Words!

Joan Reeves

Tarot By Arwen said...

Emily: Patterns are a funny thing, aren't they! Hmm... that makes me think about our lives as quilts which makes me wonder what that spread might look like.

Lacey: I'd love to hear about other ways you utilize the Tarot!

Joan: STALKER! LOL! Thanks for following me! I subscribed to your blog because I found it incredibly useful. My day job is internet marketing. :) If you have any questions, let me know! I love to talk Tarot!

Anonymous said...

I love the Killing My Muse spread. I'm going to be trying it this morning as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!
Kittin

Joan Reeves said...

Thanks, Tarot. May take you up on the offer to be a resource. Joan

Anonymous said...

I adapted this spread to my own use here:

http://hps-fmht.livejournal.com/27845.html

Thank you!!

I used the Sacred Circle Tarot, which is a deck I don't use very often.

Kittin

Tarot By Arwen said...

Kittin thanks for sharing your version! Very interesting look into things

Bronwyn Green said...

Hey Arwen,

I had the pleasure of getting a reading from you during the last Dallas RWA convention...2004 I think. Anyway, I've been perusing your posts and I wondered if you've given any more thought to writing your own book of spreads? You've got some absolutely brilliant ones!

Any plans to post any other Fairy Tale spreads?

Anonymous said...

Hi Arwen, Just read your Muse post and have to say that I really love the psych pull to the inner self, a short trip to the heart just walking through your words with you. Having just gone through the negative self talk re my own work last night only to be lifted by someone else's feedback in the morning I found it highly relevant and extremely simple to apply. Always something to learn...
Thanks
Lynne

CheyenneMcCray said...

Hi! With tarot, how would you say, I'm not very knowledgeable about it. Although I have learned some and a character in my "Magic" series uses primarily the Celtic Cross spread that one tarot reader helped me with.

I am fascinated by it. Thanks for linking to my post. To me, I interpret what you're saying as letting go of the past, embracing the future, and setting your muse free. You have much talent and you should draw from that and honor yourself and the world by realizing you can help the world with your talent.

Did I get it right? :o)

Hugs!

Cheyenne

Anonymous said...

I've done the mission impossible meditation on the old tapes, which helps a lot (blog them up!)

I love the spread and the logic behind it. Thanks for all the fish.

Our muses stand ready to lend a hand, but we have to do the work. It's always that way--the Universe can't hand us what we don't reach for. It takes CoyoteWoman and Uzume to break us out of the cave.

Kay Stopforth said...

How fascinating to see the evolution of a spread in real time. And I'm gonna check out this spread myself, being all too familiar with those dreaded muse-killers.

Great blog :)

Kay (Leo62 on AT)
quantumtarot.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I could see adapting this to deal with different kinds of 'blockage' questions. I think I'm going to work with this spread this week, both in the original 'Muse' sense that you have created, but also in working to see how well it will adapt to dealing with issues of being a rut or feeling blocked.

Tarot By Arwen said...

Joan, I am happy to be a resource!

Bronwyn, I'm thinking about a book of spreads. I have a bunch done. Grin

Lynne, I'm so glad this spread spoke to you!

Cheyenne, thank YOU for sparking the idea for that spread!

Charlotte, that is SO true about us having to do the work!

Kay, thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you do with this spread. I am loving the Quantum Tarot. Can't wait to get my mitts on it!

Crystal, let me know how that goes. I love feedback.