Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tarot in Nine Words: The Heirophant

Tarot in Nine Words: The Heirophant

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's cool. I use Brian Froud's Faerie Oracle. Nine words then create a poem? Interesting way to get the creative juices flowing. I am definitely going to try this.

Tarot By Arwen said...

I have that deck too!

Yes, you just look at the card and write down nine words from the card. These can be descriptive words like "eyes" "wings" or emotions you get like "Bright" "airy" etc. Then the poem is written incorporating all the words and evoking the spirit of the car.

Bruce, a work in progress said...

Hey Arwen. That is a very cool approach, I'm going to have to try it. Both for work with the cards and as a writing exercise.
I also like today's choice of card :-).

Tarot By Arwen said...

Hmmm, wonder why you like today's choice. LOL. I'm doing them in order. :)

Anonymous said...

Froud is an incredible artist. I tried Rider-Waite, but find it too try for me. I can read them, but more from an intellectual perspective. The Froud deck draws me right in and I become part of it, almost literally.